Related legal services
If you would like to know more please have a look at the following related services pages or get in touch
To help us ensure that your mediation progresses smoothly, we need:
- Your prompt response to our requests for documentation to carry out money laundering checks
- Payment of the mediator’s fees as ‘cleared’ funds before the mediation starts. In the event of non-payment the mediation may be postponed until payment is made, or cancelled
- Notification of all those proposing to attend the mediation and the reason for their attention – this includes a relative or friend, whose purpose is to give you ‘moral support’
- To know of any concerns or queries you have about the mediation agreement – it is better to clear these up in advance of the mediation, if possible
- If we are organising catering on your behalf to know of any dietary needs or restrictions
- If the mediator intends having an observer or trainee mediator in attendance confirmation that you do not object.
On the day of the mediation:
- You will need to sign the mediation agreement, as will the mediator and the other party
- Everyone, including the parties, the mediator, any observers and advisers, will sign the confidentiality agreement.
The mediator will:
- Explain the fire safety procedures, availability of toilets and arrangements for lunch and other refreshments
- Outline the mediation process
- Confirm the finish time
- Check that no one has a commitment that clashes with the mediation period
- Ask for confirmation that appropriate decision-makers are present and, if necessary, there is easy access to the next level decision-maker
- If the mediation is to be by telephone we will confirm to you in advance the dial-in details.