3PB Direct

If you are eligible for public funding (also known as “Legal Aid”) and wish to take advantage of this funding, a barrister should advise you to approach a solicitor. This is because barristers cannot do legal aid work unless they have been instructed by a solicitor.  

If you are not sure if you qualify for public funding and you would like to talk to someone in more detail about getting legal aid, you should contact a solicitor who does legal aid work. They will be able to tell you about the legal aid arrangements for a civil case e.g. when you are in a private dispute with another individual or organisation, and for a criminal case, e.g. where a crime may have been committed. 

It is unlikely that a barrister will be able to carry out the means-test required to establish whether you would qualify for public funding. You can find out more information on the government’s website.  

Chat to one of the 3PB team online

Call +44 (0)3333 231 586, send us an email or chat to the 3PB Direct team online:


Or complete the form below:

  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 10 MB, Max. files: 5.
      Please attach any supporting documents relating to your legal problem detailed above.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

    How to instruct a barrister

    Our experienced team of specially-trained clerks make instructing a 3PB Direct barrister simple. Watch our video for a step-by-step guide on how to work with us to achieve a resolution to your legal issue.

    We’ll be here every step of the way to support and guide you through the legal challenges at hand.

    play movie